Office Covered Bridge

 bridge from portal Bridge front

The Office Bridge, also called the Westfir Covered Bridge was built in 1944 by the Westfir Lumber Company and spans the North Fork of the Middle Fork of the Willamette River, it connected the Westfir Lumber Company mill to the main office. It measures 180 feet in length, making it the longest covered bridge in the state of Oregon. Its length also made it one of the only two bridges in the state to use tripe Howe truss engineering. A distinct feature of the bridge is the covered walkway, which allowed people safe access across without being in the way of loaded log trucks. Today the main office is the Westfir Lodge, Bed & Breakfast, which still contains the original vault, and The Office Bridge is now a part of a public park. The Park area and Office Bridge can be reserved for special events. The annual Bridge Lighting event has been held for over 20 years! Please contact City Hall for information and dates available, or reference the Westfir Portal Rules and Application.

HOW TO GET HERE: From Interstate 5, take Highway 58 East, Near Mile post 31, take the left turn to Westfir on Westfir Road (The Ranger Station will be directly on your right). Continue across the green iron bridge and turn left following the sign to Westfir. The Office bridge will be hard to miss! 


Annual Bridgelighting Event


Annual Bridgelighting Event